Lead from the back — and let others believe they are in front. –
August 2019! COME BACK SOON!
Criteria for selection of youth participants:
1) demonstrated leadership potential in their schools and/or communities;
2) demonstrated interest in community service and outreach;
3) strong academic and social skills, openness and flexibility;
4) good English language skills;
5) no previous significant travel to the U.S. on a U.S. government-sponsored program;
6) aged 15 to 17, high school students, from the ARMM and surrounding provinces;
7) must have at least one year of secondary school remaining after the exchange; and
8) commitment to implement their community service action plans, attend Follow On activities, and share their experience with families, friends, and communities.
Criteria for selection of adult participants:
1) active involvement in community outreach and grassroots organizing;
2) demonstrated commitment or evidence that they will remain in their current jobs after the exchange program;
3) character references and letter of institutional endorsement and support;
4) good English language skills; and
5) no previous significant travel to the U.S. on a U.S. government-sponsored program. Preference will be given to high school teachers, administrators and/or community leaders who work with youth, have demonstrated interest in assisting youth to become responsible members of society, and who are not over 35 years old.